Today the little Bishops made bouquets of egg carton tulips!
What you'll need for this craft:
cardboard egg carton
paint (we used tempura)
fun craft/scrapbook paper
bright colored card stock paper
I did not get any photos of my kids in process. It was messy. Paint was all over their hands! But we had a blast.
1) Cut egg carton cups so they have smooth edges.
2) Let the kids paint the insides and outsides of the egg carton cups. The more color the better I say :)
3) While the tulips are drying your child can cut pieces of green yarn for their stems.
4) Draw a simple vase shape on craft/scrapbook paper and let your child cut out the shape.
5) Using craft tacky glue, glue the vase on the card stock and tuck in the ends of the green yarn "stems" into the top of the vase.
6) Once the tulips are dry use some tacky glue on the back of the cups and glue a "tulip" to the end of each yarn "stem".
7) The final step is gluing the buttons in the centers on the tulips.
HOORAY! Aren't they so cute? :)
Have a fun time making these happy egg carton tulips with your kiddos!